• Be sure your pet's vaccinations are up to date and bring a current health and rabies certificate. In the case that you may need to board your pet unexpectedly, area kennels and Vets will require them. Also, if your pet requires emergency services, having these certificates handy may help expedite their care.
• Prepare an information sheet about your pet. Should you and your pet become separated, you will be glad did! Include a recent photograph, breed, color, description, identifying marks, height and weight.
• Along with your pet's residence identification tag, include a travel tag with information about where you are staying at Laurel Mountain Cabins. Should your pet become lost, this will allow you to be contacted locally.
• Pets may get an upset stomach, due to motion sickness, while traveling through the mountains. If possible, limit food and water intake prior to traveling.
• Practice crating before leaving home and bring your crate with you, or reserve one of ours. Pets that are well behaved at your home may become unsettled and cause damage to ours.
• Always walk or exercise your pet on a leash while in the Smokies, for your peace of mind and your pet's safety!
• Bring your pet's favorite blanket or toys, and a couple extra sheets to cover cabin furniture.